Vice President of Advancement
Mary Wade has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Advancement professional.
The Vice President of Advancement is a member of the Mary Wade’s Executive Team working closely with and reporting to the President and CEO. This senior level position is responsible for leading the organization’s advancement programs and building a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. The Vice President of Advancement provides the vision and strategy for the fundraising, marketing, and communications activities of Mary Wade. The successful candidate will contribute to closing Mary Wade’s first comprehensive capital campaign, and leading the stewardship and acquisition efforts to build on the campaign’s success.
About Mary Wade
Founded in 1866, Mary Wade is an accredited, not for profit senior living community located in the Fair Haven section of New Haven, CT. We are mission-driven to serving our communities’ most vulnerable seniors with the highest quality medical services and social programs. Our vision affirms its services as an integral part of a community that offers a continuum of coordinated, innovative and high quality care and services in which compassion, human dignity, diversity and social responsibility are primary concerns.
- The design, implementation and management of all fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other organizational solicitations
- Goal setting and reporting on strategic goals
- Prospect research and strategy for individual and foundation/corporate giving
- Increased overall revenues to support all lines of service and programs.
- Long term, sustainable relationships that result in significant funding from a variety of sources (e.g. individuals, corporations, foundations, grants, etc.), to benefit those served by Mary Wade.
- Focus on achieving and reporting on measurable results
- Supervision and oversight of marketing and communication activities and strategy
- Preparing sponsorship and major gift proposals, reports, etc.
- Working with the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Bachelor Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant or transferable experience preferred.
- Capital campaign experience is a plus
- Experience in marketing and communication
- Experience in a senior leadership role; proven experience managing and mentoring team
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Skilled at negotiation to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent computer skills; comfortable with learning new software
Learn more about us at www.marywade.org