The Giving Collaborative (TGC) is a comprehensive philanthropy consulting firm headquartered in Connecticut. TGC’s mission is to deliver personalized philanthropy and management counsel to nonprofit organizations worldwide. The Firm has offices and representation nationally in California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York and Washington, DC, and overseas in Cape Town, South Africa, and London, England. TGC is the leader in bespoke consulting solutions for mission-based organizations. TGC leadership has built their reputations on managing and directing high-performing fundraising operations.
TGC significantly expands fundraising capacity through:
- Campaign Readiness And Counsel
- Principal, Major Gift, & Planned Giving Guidance
- Interim Staffing Solutions
- Strategic Planning
- Annual & Acquisition Planning
- Board Development & Recruitment
- Advancement Audits
- Donor Communications & Marketing
- Talent Acquisition
ABOUT THE POSITION
TGC is currently seeking a versatile and entrepreneurial Consultant to join its team. This consultant will manage and/or lead campaign planning and implementation projects, strategic planning, assessments, grantmaking strategy development, corporate and foundation relations, annual giving strategy, major and principal gift strategy, and/or planned giving. Exceptional writing skills are necessary, as is the ability to analyze complex organizational problems. Excellent presentation and communication skills are needed for success. The successful candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit and work independently and effectively in collaborative settings with diverse partners. We are seeking someone who is adaptable and who can multi-task and work in a directed, fast-paced manner. The ability to initiate and maintain strong client relations is necessary.
TGC works with a broad range of nonprofit entities, including animal welfare and conservation, healthcare systems and individual hospitals, social service agencies, arts and cultural organizations, private foundations, and education-related organizations. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable about philanthropy best practices and experienced with the full range of strategies funders may use to advance their mission and impact
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Interim and Outsourced Development Services: TGC consultants may oversee all organizational development programs’ day-to-day planning, coordination, and management. This position is both strategic and tactical.
- Planned Giving Program Development: TGC Consultants work with philanthropy staff and volunteers and develop comprehensive planned-giving programs for our clients.
- Foundation Grant Writing: TGC creates highly detailed grant proposals that are clear, complete, comprehensive, and competitive documents that meet and exceed the expectations of grant-makers.
- Advance Prospect Research and Analytics: TGC consultants provide in-depth profiles of individuals, corporations, and foundations. TGC consultants assist in identifying corporate and foundation funders for specific nonprofit funding.
- Development Program Assessments and Audits: As a TGC consultant, you may be charged with providing a comprehensive assessment of fundraising programs utilizing quantitative and qualitative analysis. TGC provides tactical and innovative recommendations based on the findings as well as industry benchmarks and best practices
- Major Gift Program Implementation and Training: We are proud of our work and expertise in major gift development. We help establish goals, set performance reporting and monitoring systems, and train volunteers and staff in cultivation and solicitation.
- Annual Program Development and Support: The strength and longevity of giving programs are built on an expanding base of annual support. The Giving Collaborative team member is expected to offer unique approaches to total giving and map goals, timelines, and strategies for donor conversion, renewal, upgrade lapsed-donor recapture, and acquisition.
- Staff, Board, and Volunteer Training: A TGC consultant uses a successful training module that leads trustees, volunteers, and staff through customized scenarios for unique organizational needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therefore, the requirements listed represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional relationship management ability
- Strong organizational skills and diligence
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial inclination and ability to work independently
- Technology skills to include Microsoft Office, Google, and comfort with various CRM databases
- Proficiency with technology related to virtual and remote meetings
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred. Minimum 7-10 years of senior fundraising or nonprofit experience.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English. Multi-lingual ability is a plus.
Job Type: Contract, Commission, and Project-Based
COVID-19 considerations: All Consultants are required to be vaccinated.
- Must have access to a home-based office to work remotely when needed. This includes high-speed internet and the ability to effectively utilize Zoom and other virtual meeting applications. Other work locations will vary based on client partners but primarily in the Connecticut and New York region.
Company’s website: www.givingcollaborative.com
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org